Real estate is an ever-changing field – particularly in those times when the real estate market is being heavily affected by economic factors, such as is the case in Northern Utah right now. The impact of the ‘Silicone Slopes’, the rapidly expanding technological economic infusion is bringing new residents to the Wasatch Front in droves, demanding an increase in the demand for housing and driving home prices up, alongside the rental market.
It’s been an interesting phenomenon, watching the demand for housing outgrow the market availability. Quite simply put, there are more buyers than there are available homes, which means that as agents, we need to be at the top of our game. And THAT has reminded my why I love this field.
Top 10 Reasons Why I Love Being a Real Estate Agent
10: It’s an adventure. Every day is something new. I can plan out my day the night before, and before I’ve even finished breakfast, my day is headed in a different direction. I wouldn’t have it any other day.
9. Growth Opportunity. You hear over and over how much people love being their own boss. In this game, success ebbs and flows, but if you’re willing to put your head down and work hard, you’ll find your success. And there’s nothing more gratifying than knowing you’ve created something amazing.
8. Community Pride. When you spend every day selling this beautiful state for all the ‘greats’, it’s hard not to appreciate them. You gain an unparalleled amount of local pride, and with that comes a desire to give back and be involved.
7. Challenge. I love the challenge of finding someone the perfect place to call home, or finding a buyer for a home I’ve listed. I love both the challenging properties and the easy sells. There’s nothing more rewarding than helping someone navigate unfamiliar territory – especially when it’s something as big as real estate.
6. Goals. Aside from my experience and training in the Real Estate industry, I also have accomplished some significant training in personal development. As such, I understand the importance of setting and reaching goals. In a business like real estate, there is an enormous opportunity to build business, set goals, and make big impacts in my life.
5. Camaraderie. There’s nothing like a solid tribe. In this industry, there’s no way to make it on your own. You need a good network of solid professionals to help finish out the deal. A bonus of that is, when you find that tribe, your world will never be the same.
4. Job Security. I love knowing that no matter what else happens in this crazy world, people will always need a place to live. Yes, technology is taking over a lot of the mundane, monotonous tasks, but there will always be a need for people to help walk buyers and sellers through the process. As long as I work hard, I’ve always got work to do.
3. The Houses. Real estate isn’t just a thriving career for me – it’s a hobby. I love homes. I love the details, the lines, the architecture. I appreciate solid craftsmanship and good design, and it’s incredible to get to surround yourself with it on a daily basis.
2. People. I love meeting new people. I love the match-making part of real estate – when you get to meet someone and help them find a home that is just what they’re looking for (especially when they’re not actually sure what they’re looking for). I love making new friends and acquaintances and contacts.
1. The flexibility. Life as an agent is both demanding and flexible. There’s a lot to get done, but it’s up to me when to do it. When life is moving along at a hectic pace, I’ve got the ability to match my work to my life, not the other way around.
And the un-numbered reason that I love real estate so much? I’m really good at it. It’s pretty amazing to spend your days doing something that you actually are both enthusiastic about and talented at.